20 November 2020
Dear Edgarley community,
I write today to provide further positive updates on how visits to Edgarley can be facilitated and how we will operate during Christmas and Boxing day.
- Visits continue to be by prior appointment to ensure all directives are followed. To discuss any matter relating to visitation and to schedule your visit, or planned outing, please call Judy Jones on 03 55811211 Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 4.30 pm.
- Visitation time is every day from 1 pm to 4 pm. Special arrangements may be approved upon request when doing the visitation plan.
- For us to allow for and ensure COVID safe visitation, we recommend up to three visits per week.
- Visits can take place in the resident’s room.
- Residents can receive a visitation from two members of a single household per visit. Due to our room density and social distancing requirements, the maximum number of people allowable in residents’ rooms at any one time is three, which allows for the resident, a maximum number of two pre-approved visitors.
- If preferred, the visit can occur in one of our outdoor garden areas. We are happy to work together with you to facilitate this.
- If you would like to take your family member home for a visit, this outing will count as one of the three recommended visits for that week. Note that regulations state two visitors from different households can visit at one time. The resident would be considered a visitor from one, therefore only one other member from another household would be acceptable at the same time.
- If you would like to take your relative on an external outing, please ring the week before to discuss with us beforehand to ensure these visits can occur safely and within the current directives.
- All visitors able to receive influenza vaccinations continue to be encouraged to do so and are required to provide us with evidence.
- Face masks and face shields are provided at the screening point for visitors’ use.
- All visitors will be screened upon arrival, including children, even if they are not to wear masks.
- To book a Skype or Messenger chat with your family member, please phone Edgarley at any weekday from 9 am to 4.30 pm to schedule it.
Christmas and Boxing Day:
- Due to COVID safe restrictions, Edgarley will sadly be unable to cater for visitors to join their loved ones for Christmas lunch.
- If you would like, you are welcome to take your loved one home. However, note that you must abide by all Victorian restrictions.
- Could you kindly notify us by the December 15th of your Christmas arrangements, to enable us so to assist with the logistics.
- Pick up time on Christmas and Boxing day starts at 10.30 am
- Upon arrival, you go to reception to be screened as usual before picking up your loved one.
Chief Executive Officer